Below is a small list of features. Read
the entire documentation on line.
- Unlimited Towns, Routes, Trains, Rolling Stock, Number of
Industries, Locomotives, number and complexity of shipments, shipments
to industries on different routes or branch lines
- Supports interchanges, staging yards and fiddle yards for shipments
on and off the layout
- Full staging yard management
- Both Industry and Passing sidings can be in either scale feet or
number of cars
- Networkable, have as many connected computers to the database as you
- Tag any industry to be shipped by any specific train
- Tag any commodity to any specific train
- Diagnostics which evaluates your data for inconsistencies with
- Operates on a date basis, not a session basis. This allows you to
run any number of trains at any time.
- Ship by day, week, month, season, random
- Random shipments can be given a probability from 10 to 90%
- Cascade shipments from place to place
- Cars stay days you set to be filled or emptied, or train waits while
car is filled
- Shipments are tagged to the primary commodity of a car, with
secondary commodity when needed
- Tag unit trains to a specific shipment
- Create one-time shipments at any time
- Perform through freight shipments between any two yards
- View shipments from many angles (frequency by industry, number per
route, balance staging yards)
- View shipments as a flow from industry to industry, so as to
maintain consistency of shipments
- View shipments on an industry vs frequency so you can easily see
what should be shipped on any given day
- Ability to find empty cars anywhere on the layout to fulfill
shipments (both automatic and manual)
Rolling Stock Features
- View how many cars of each type for each commodity
noting the number needed for shipments
- Indicate foreign cars to off layout yards when empty
- Cars can ship a primary commodity, as well as any
number of secondary commodities as you wish
- Can assign an off layout location for foreign cars
when empty. This is a manual shipment when trains are run.
- Automatically have cars slated for maintenance after
a predefined number of moves.
- Tracks missing or lost cars.
- Tracks orphaned cars.
- Tracks your cars on other's layouts
- Run extra trains to relocate full or empty cars to
any required location
- Easy-to-read Switchlist Sheets that show where cars
are to be picked up and dropped off, along with route restrictions and
switching notes about industries. It also shows the locomotives
picked, their DCC channels, and the length and weight of the train.
- Manually add empty cars to any train to drop off at
- Manually add cabooses or MOW to any train.
- Local switchlists for local locomotives preceding
- Tag trains to switch specific industries. Cars can be
dropped off at a town yard for further delivery.
- Standard-sized waybills for each car moved (though
not needed in ADM)
- Unable to place a car because an industry is full?
Then place the car anywhere you want. The next train will have that
car in its Switchlist.
- Passenger train consist setup, including scheduling
meets and exchanges of consist with other passenger trains. Easy to
read consist list printed for each passenger train you run.
- Trains returning from staging yards are assigned onto
- Section a train into two or more when too many cars
are being moved for any train
- Exchange shipments with other layouts running this
- Two modes of interchanging, virtual and physical.
Virtual interchanging is done without physically moving cars to the
other layouts. Cars in yards that match up to the shipments being done
will be assigned. This allows for distant layouts to interchange by
e-mailing the interchange file, or interchanging with layouts of other
scales. Physical interchanging requires the cars to physically be
placed on other layouts. The program keeps track of all these
"foreign" cars on everyone's layouts.
- Import and export database to various ACSII file
- Export displayed lists to Excel
- Manage car loads returning from staging yards to
balance car types in with car types out, including manual intervention
of a staged train.
- Event Logging, including:
- Tracking history of movements for every car and
- Tracking the number of shipments going in and out
for every industry
- Tracking the number and last date of each
- Logging your own maintenance history for
rolling stock and locomotives
- Prototype and simulate activity for any historical
date. Move that date forward in one of three methods:
- In sync with actual time (date moves forward for
each day in real time),
- Increase the date every time the app fires up
(next day for each startup on a new real day)
- Or increase the date manually. Regardless
of the default date advance,
you can advance the date manually any time.
- Generate more than 25 reports on the status of your
- Create realistic, deployable schedules for your
trains (this is NOT required to run any train in the program, it's
simply an additional feature, should you choose to use it)
- Includes a fully functional demo layout of an actual
- Reset your layout to start over at any time
Plus much more!